- To confirm a reservation on an apartment, an initial payment will be due. This is between 20-100% of the total balance but different payment terms apply to different booking sites and different properties. The remaining balance is due between 28-60 days before arrival with terms visible before booking. Where a booking has been made and the start date is within 28 days, the full amount is due. We will attempt to contact guests once by email and/or phone where payment has not been received however bookings will be cancelled should no payment be forthcoming and the deposit will not be refunded. In most cases, payment card details will have been requested and these details will be used to pay the deposit and balance.
- Where payment card details have not been provided at the time of booking, they will be required within 24 hours of booking.
- Within 24 hours of booking, we will require a photo of your ID (passport, driving license) and of the payment card if used (concealing the first 12 digits for security)
- Payment is accepted by credit card, debit card or bank transfer to a UK or Euro account. There is no charge applied for this however benefits are provided to those paying by bank transfer such as free private parking or early check-in/check-out where possible.
- Edinburgh City Apartments manage and advertise various self-catering holiday apartments across Edinburgh and as such, we do not have staff at every site. Guests must therefore advise their arrival time in advance so we can make arrangements to meet you. Your apartment will usually be ready by 4pm. If there is a change to the given arrival time guests must telephone 0044 (0)7813580032 with details, to ensure someone is waiting to welcome them and the apartment has been made ready. Guests arriving by plane should notify Edinburgh City Apartments of their flight number. Any guest who has not arrived 30 minutes after their agreed check-in and hasn’t informed us of any delay may find we’re no longer there. In these instances, a charge of £25-50 may be imposed for the additional travel and staffing required to accommodate such changes. This does not include those delayed by flights or trains and where you have notified us of the appropriate flight number or train arrival time.
- Should the accommodation you booked become unavailable prior to your stay, we will make all reasonable attempts to source suitable alternative accommodation, in the same area and at the same price. Where this is not possible, we will refund all monies paid in respect of your booking.
- We would strongly suggest that guests consider the merits of insurance cover that includes a cancellation risk. All bookings are non refundable and we may only consider a partial refund if the property is booked for the same dates and price.
Please note that all Terms, Conditions, Contracts and Disputes are determined under Scottish Law.
Edinburgh City Apartments – Conditions of Use
- All apartments owned, managed or advertised by Edinburgh City Apartments are completely non-smoking. We will impose a cleaning fee of £100.00 if you do smoke in your apartment, in additional to other expenses such as relocating a guest due to smoking smells or any damage caused by smoking.
- On any occasion when damage occurs, by action taken by a guest, which directly or indirectly causes loss to Edinburgh City Apartments, the guest agrees to indemnify such losses, and this forms part of the agreement at the time of booking. Losses include lost income, specialist expenses and the sourcing of alternative accommodation as necessary.
- Any guests causing noise or disturbance to other guests or neighbours where we are contacted outwith office hours will be charged £75. Should further complaints be made, we have the right to ask guests to leave their accommodation. In this instance, no refund will be given.
- You agree to keep the apartment in the same condition it was when you arrived and leave it in a clean and tidy condition when you leave. The cost of any damage, breakage or loss will be reimbursed by you to the owner.
- Only the main booking guest and his/her guests can occupy the apartment during their stay. Subletting is strictly prohibited.
- If any set of keys are taken on your departure from any apartment or are lost during your stay, a charge of £75 will be applied to cover the cost of a lock change and obtaining new keys.
- If you lose keys during your stay or leave them in your apartment and need to use the emergency call out service to allow access, a charge of £25 (£50 after 7pm) will be applied on top of any cost for a lock change if required.
- Check-out times vary in our apartments however are generally 10-11am, unless an alternative time has been arranged. We will accommodate late check-outs where possible however this cannot be guaranteed until the day before departure. Please contact us for reduced rates for late check outs
We hope you won’t have the need to cancel however understand it sometimes can’t be helped.
We strong advise that you take out appropriate travel insurance to cover you in the case of illness or accidents preventing you from keeping a booking.
In all cases, your initial payment is non-refundable.
All balances are due 28-60 days before arrival and at this time, the full amount is non-refundable.
If we’re able to re-advertise the accommodation and are successful in receiving another booking, a partial refund may be available in certain circumstances.
Every effort will be made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If however, you have any cause for complaint it is important that remedial action is taken as soon as possible.
It is essential that you contact us immediately if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to resolve difficulties properly unless we are promptly notified. Discussion of any criticisms with us whilst you are in residence will usually enable shortcomings to be rectified straightaway. In particular, complaints of a transient nature (for example, regarding preparation or heating of the property) cannot possibly be investigated unless registered whilst you are in residence. If the matter is non urgent, please advise us during office hours. Contact out of office hours should only be made where the matter is serious or an emergency.
If any complaint cannot be resolved during your holiday, you must write to us with full details within 28 days of you departure.